PHS has established its self as one of Australia’s leading aerial filming companies having vast experience in all types of filming requirements from large feature film and commercial shoots to the small low budget productions. PHS has experience in all types of camera systems including the Tyler and Continental side and nose mounts as well as the Cineflex, Gyron Gyro systems, and the Libra and Stab C mounts.
All pilots conducting film work for PHS have been trained by Brett Newman in the techniques of aerial filming. Some of the jobs we are most proud of are 3 of the Qantas “I still call Australia Home” series commercials that were shot throughout Australia, 2 x Australian Tourism series of commercials that were also shot throughout Australia from Tasmania to Lizard Island in Far Nth Queensland and throughout the N.T. Many of the shots from these commercials are still used today. Another memorable shoot was Jackie Chan First Strike, which required PHS building a mock up Jet Ranger that was then blown up by a Hughes 500 that had rockets and machine guns bolted to the sides.
PHS is one of the few companies and Brett Newman one of the few pilots to be given permission to fly under the Sydney Harbour Bridge. This was done for the NBC promotion footage for the Sydney Olympics, which was also filmed throughout Australia .
Our list of credits show what we are capable of.
Feature Film And Telemovies
- The Man From Snowy River 1 & 2
- ABC The Great Race (Formation flying on a model aircraft as it flies in & out of cloud)
- Jackie Chan – First Strike
- The Silver Brumby
- Quincy Down Under
- Pitch Black
- Jack Irish mini series – Cineflex V14
- BBC Coast – Cineflex V14
- Brainfarm – Surfing Documentary – Tyler Middle Mount
- Google Box – Cineflex V14
Recent Overseas TV Commercials
- Suzuki Swift 2013 – Cineflex V14
- Canon NAB promotional – Stab C Mount
- Suburu 2015 – Tyler Middle Mount
Major Local TV Commercials
- Victorian Tourism
– Grampians – Lakes – Great Ocean Road
– Melbourne CBD – Shotover K1
– Wilsons Promontory – GSS C520
- Holden Commodore. Over 15 different commercials starting with the VT launch in the 90’s to current commercial 2014.
- Australian Tourism
(These Commercials were filmed throughout Australia involving over 50 hours flying in five different cross hired helicopters in five different states)
- Formula One Car Great Ocean Road 2013
- NBN launch 2013 – Cineflex V14
- Westpac 2013 – Tyler Nose Mount & Cineflex V14
- St.Kilda FC – Draw a line in the sand – Tyler Nose Mount
- Mazda 2015 – Shotover K1 & Shotover F1