Commercial and Private Helicopter Pilot License Courses (CPL / PPL) test
PHS provides both Theory and Flight Training from our bases at Moorabbin Airport and the Gold Coast. Our qualified instructors will guide you through every training exercise and ensure that you fully understand what you are being asked to do and also why you are doing it that way. PHS has a proven track record in training pilots for over 37 years. Many of Australia’s most senior pilots learnt to fly at PHS. When looking for a school ask where the Chief Pilot or owner learnt to fly and you won’t have to look far to find a connection to PHS.
Our basic flight training starts with learning the effects of control movements, concentrating on how you sit, how you hold the controls and what the controls do. You will then progress through the sequences of learning how to fly the helicopter, progressing to hovering, circuits, emergencies and navigation getting you to the required standard of a Commercial or Private Helicopter Pilot.
This training is normally conducted on either a Schweizer 300CBi or a Robinson 22 or a combination of the 2 types.
In Australia, the minimum required hours to obtain a Commercial Pilot License (CPL) is 105 and a pass in seven theory exams.
COMMERCIAL STUDENTS RATES
- $535/Hr – GST Exempt (Pay as you fly)
- $520/Hr – GST Exempt (Paid in 10 hr blocks)
PRIVATE STUDENTS RATES
- $588.50/Hr – Including GST (Pay as you fly)
- $572/Hr – Including GST (Paid in 10 hr blocks)
Our Melbourne training school has full-time helicopter instructors, who run both full time and part time theory classes. Full-time theory classes are held Mondays and Tuesdays from 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM and Wednesday and Thursdays from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Part Time theory classes are held Monday and Tuesday evenings from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM, and every Sunday from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
There are seven subjects covered in the theory exam; these subjects are:
- Aircraft General Knowledge (Helicopter Engines, Systems and Instruments)
- Helicopter Aerodynamics
- Helicopter Performance, Operations and Planning
- Air Law & Flight Rules
- Human Performance and Limitations
- Full Course Paid in Advance (incl. Online Course) – $5,150
(Saves $850.00 against the per subject cost)
- Pay as You Go – $750 per subject
- OnlineAviationTheory.com only – $825.00